Friday 21 December 2007

Days 20 & 21 ... unexpected things

Well, I didn't expect to be not having a lovely dinner with OH tonight as our Christmas celebration before he goes to his folks' ... I thought the flat would be all decorated and we could just relax and enjoy. Well, ho hum. I just haven't been able to shake off this lurgey buggy coughey yeuchy thing, so the flat is a mess, I can't really get interested in cooking anything (though I am trying to eat healthy things, honest), there are no decorations up and to be honest I don't really think I'll bother now cos I'm away on Christmas Eve, and OH is just going to drop in for a quick visit tomorrow morning instead of our nice romantic evening. And you know what? I'm not that bothered really. It's just the way it is this year. As long Mum and I are fine for our lovely relaxing Christmas away then that's fine. OH and I will have a quick catch up tomorrow, and the nice candlelit dinner can get rescheduled for the new year sometime. Now if only I could muster enough energy to just wash the dishes and tidy up! Everything is now bought in and mostly wrapped up, so once the tidy up is done it's just a case of relaxing and getting well...

1 comment:

Chiara said...

ooh love this entry.