Saturday 3 July 2010

We went to Woolfest!

Yay! My sister and I went to Woolfest last weekend and had a lovely time. We stayed in a great B&B with Herdwicks in the field outside and a wee tea room called The Flock Inn with a sit-ootery too. Saturday we headed to Cockermouth and spent all day walking round the stalls looking and touching and going oooh - then it was a quick whizz round before it closed to buy all we wanted to buy! I got some knitting wool - a kit from The Wool Shed called The Weskit which is a really unusual design but apparently very 'me' so my sis says. I also bought lots of fleece both for needlefelting, but also for wet felting and because I have a real hankering to start spinning again.... (watch this space!) So got some merino dyed tops, lots of different types of fleece to try them out - Gotland, Jacob, Corriedale, BFL, Wensleydale, some Jacob xNorth Ronaldsay and Jacob x Suffolk plus some other fibres to try - black bamboo diamond, soy bean and so on. I also got some off cut bags of bits and pieces of felts etc to play with, some brooch backs and keyrings bits to also play with, some olive oil soap for felting, some more felting needles, some hand dyed muslin and white silk to try nuno felting, some great notebooks......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are going to busy then! It was a great weekend.